Confined Space Entry and Monitor Online Course
Protect yourself with the knowledge of how to identify, classify, and monitor confined spaces
This online Confined Space Entry and Monitor course defines confined and restricted spaces, explains the hazards associated with them, and provides methods for assessing, eliminating, controlling, and monitoring those hazards. The goal of this course is to help you demonstrate basic knowledge and proficiency in the identification, classification, and monitoring of both confined and restricted spaces. This course also covers requirements as described under Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) legislation as they relate to confined spaces.
- The differences between confined and restricted spaces
- Classification systems for confined space entry
- Common confined and restricted space hazards
- Procedures for the assessment, testing, elimination, and control of hazards
- Personal protective equipment requirements for confined space entry
- Permits, logs, communication systems, and emergency response plans required for confined space entry
- Employer, worker, and monitor responsibilities as they relate to confined spaces
In taking the course
Duration Average Completion Time - Completion times vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 2 hours.
Testing - is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion - Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.