Alcohol and Drug Awareness Online Course
Be aware — not just for your well-being, but also for the well-being of those around you
The need to prevent impaired persons from affecting safety in the workplace cannot be overstated. Recent changes in Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Legislation, together with better informed employers, has brought forth a realization that serious attention must be given to ensuring that employees arriving to the workplace are “fit-for-work.”
People do not want to work in an environment where they are or could be at risk due to another worker’s alcohol or drug abuse. While the employer has the primary responsibility of ensuring compliance with relevant OH&S Legislation, it is the duty of both the worker and the employer to comply with it.
This online Alcohol and Drug Awareness course emphasizes the seriousness of being “fit-for-work” and identifies personal responsibilities as they relate to ensuring the health and safety of all workers.
- The prevalence of alcohol and drug related issues in the workplace today
- Legalities governing “fit-for-work” policies in the workplace
- Wise choices and compliance
- Alcohol and drug work standards
- Actions to take if a worker is suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Consequences for non-compliance
- Reasons why one might be asked to submit to drug and alcohol testing
In taking the course
Completion times - Vary depending on the number of times the information is viewed prior to finishing the course. The average completion time is 30 minutes.
Testing - is conducted in this online course to reinforce the information presented. You are provided three opportunities to achieve a passing mark of 80% or greater.
Certificate of Completion - Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate will be available to download and print. You can access your certificate through your online account.